Explore the Quaker way: read about the basics of our faith, find answers to common questions and find a Quaker meeting near you.
Friends are exploring new ways to be present and available in the broader culture, offering the Quaker way for a life lived in the Light and a mode of seeking that together.
Quaker outreach is a broad topic and there is a positive role for every Friend to play.
- See with the eyes of a newcomer.
- Look for the details that speak of cleanliness, safety, proper maintenance.
- Have pamphlets and books available for the new seeker.
- Prepare to welcome children and families.
- Embrace an active role in offering the Quaker way.
- Enfold your outreach efforts in your prayer practice.
Emerging Practices in Quaker Outreach: 2016
Forty-plus Friends gathered at Woolman Hill Quaker Retreat Center, April 29-May 1, and explored:
- Ways we can prepare and assess our readiness for outreach
- Reaching Out
- Welcoming In
- Creative Programming
- Supporting Newcomers on their own Quaker journeys.
Many of the papers and handouts are shared here.