Explore the Quaker way: read about the basics of our faith, find answers to common questions and find a Quaker meeting near you.
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Friends Camp 2019
(as told by the summer 2018 staff)
- You know your work matters because impacting campers is so important. It feels like even the little things you do help people.
- Bonding with people from all over the world and creating lasting friendships with fellow staff members.
- Your bosses and coworkers care about you as a whole human and value the things you are good at.
- The food rocks. Bagel Tuesday, anyone?
- Stretching your creative boundaries—if you can come up with a program idea, you can usually make it happen. Alien invasions, bottle rockets, the list is endless.
- A summer job where housing and food are taken care of for you. We even do your laundry and take care of basic first aid.
- Summer in Maine can’t be beat. The weather is lovely and there are lots of beautiful outdoor and culinary adventures to explore on your time off.
- Emphasis on Quaker values—everyone contributes to the community and adds something unique and valuable.
- It is incredibly motivating to be trusted and appreciated by campers!
- Develop skills that will help you in any career: teamwork, planning, thinking on your feet, communication and more. Employers love to hire former camp counselors because they are dedicated, creative, and caring.
To apply to work at Friends Camp fill out our online application.