Explore the Quaker way: read about the basics of our faith, find answers to common questions and find a Quaker meeting near you.
Registering for a Retreat
You can register your child here.
You may also email (preferred) or U.S. mail your registration to Gretchen.
Registrations begin as soon as the previous program ends. For example, you may register your child for the October retreat as of 1 PM on the last day of Sessions in August.
Retreat registrations are on a first-come basis.
When we move to a wait list you will be notified promptly.
If your child is unable to attend a retreat because of the wait list, they will be given first priority at the next JHYM retreat.
Health & Permission Form Required
- Health & Permission forms can be downloaded and completed here.
- Please remember that we must have a completed Health Form on file for your child.
- New Health & Permission Forms are required at the beginning of each new retreat year.
- If your child attends Sessions, we can use their health & permission form as long as all information remains current.
Medications, Special Diets, or Other Needs
- Please be sure to indicate on the registration form any special diets, support, or medications your child will need to take while on retreat with us.
- You can find more information on how we ensure your child is well cared for here.
- Our fee structure is a version of the Pay-As-Led approach that New England Quakers adopted for Sessions several years ago. It’s about trust and abundance. Families can pay less or more depending on their budgets–from giving more to support others to zero dollars—no questions asked. $45 is great if budgets are tight; $90/child covers food and supply expenses for our weekends; $150 covers all related costs.
- Checks should be made payable to NEYM and paid at the retreat.
What time do retreats begin and end?
- Sign-in at JHYM retreats begins at 6:00 pm on Fridays. (Please note this is later than for JYM Retreats.)
- Supper happens around 7:15 pm, but do know that we're prepared to feed your child no matter what time they arrive.
- Pickup on Sunday is appreciated by 12:30 pm. Families are welcome to come earlier on Sunday and join us for Worship and lunch.