Illness and Covid policy for our retreats
Taking steps to reduce the risk of spreading illness is one way we take care of each other.
For all communicable illnesses:
- Participants need to be fever free (without medication) for 24 hours before attending a retreat
- If an individual experienced vomiting or diarrhea due to communicable illness, they need to be symptom free for 24 hours before attending
- Do not attend our retreats if you are experiencing Covid symptoms, not due to other known causes such as chronic cough or seasonal allergies. These symptoms are:
- Fever (100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, or shaking chills)
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Sore throat, when in combinations with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose, in combination with other symptoms
- You or your child/teen can participate 24 hours after symptom(s) subside without the use of any medication and with either clearance from a health care provider or with a negative rapid Covid test.
- Whenever possible, we encourage everyone to take a home Covid test before departing for our retreats. If the cost of home tests is a financial barrier to your participation, contact your retreat coordinator to be reimbursed for the tests used for our events. We will need a receipt or proof of purchase.
- If you test positive or are exposed to Covid, you must follow CDC guidelines regarding isolation and masking.
- We strongly encourage all retreat participants to stay up-to-date on your Covid and flu vaccinations, following the guidance of your medical provider.
- At this time, masking at our events is optional, but always respected. If your child/teen plans to wear a mask at a retreat, contact the retreat coordinator so we can offer social support.
- As public health guidance and Covid conditions change, we will update these protocols as appropriate.