Explore the Quaker way: read about the basics of our faith, find answers to common questions and find a Quaker meeting near you.
You're Invited to the QREC Annual Conference & Retreat
You are invited to The Quaker Religious Education Collaborative’s 5th Annual Conference & Retreat, August 17–19, 2018, at Powell House, in Old Chatham, NY. First Day School teachers, Friends working on Adult Religious Education, Quaker parents and others are warmly invited!
Religious Education in Action: Activism, Outreach and Parenting
- How do we take the lessons of Quaker religious education beyond the meetinghouse?
- Where do life-long spiritual formation and activism, outreach, and Quaker parenting intersect?
The program includes:
- Worship in the manner of programmed and unprogrammed Friends.
- Networking with Friends from across the Americas who come to share their emergent work.
- Panel and Discussion, Workshops, Interest Groups
- Fellowship, learning, and joy!
- Bonfire evening and swimming in the pond!
NEYM is offering four half-scholarships! Ask your local meeting to invest in the ministry of Quaker RE by supporting your attendance, too. Contact Beth Collea, [email protected] for more information.
Younger Friends are welcome and child care will be available upon request.
QREC is a grassroots network of Friends holding a sense of stewardship for life-long Quaker faith formation through religious education. We include Friends from all branches of our international Quaker family. We welcome all Friends involved in religious education. Join us in forming a community of practice to share resources, skills, gifts, questions and insights, and to support each other in the ministry of Quaker faith formation.