Explore the Quaker way: read about the basics of our faith, find answers to common questions and find a Quaker meeting near you.
Infusing Racial Justice into Our Quaker Spiritual Formation & Religious Education
The format for this workshop has been changed. If you previously registered for the in-person workshop, Beth Collea will contact you.
This workshop will comprise three 1-hour sessions online via the Zoom platform.
With Lisa Graustein (Beacon Hill, MA, Friends Meeting) experientially explore how we can weave the principles of racial justice education into our religious education classes and programs for children and youth.
In this first one-hour virtual conference, we will learn about:
- the stages of racial identity development
- how to support young people at different stages and of different racial identities.
- look at our own identities and journeys, lifting up both gifts we hold and places where we need to do some more work.
In two other one-hour sessions, to be scheduled, participants will explore
- a flexible framework they can apply to existing curriculum and use to develop new materials
- a list of actions they can take to grow their own understanding and practice
- practical skills for creating more racially just and inclusive spaces for learning and worship
Contact Beth Collea for the Zoom link to the first meeting.