Explore the Quaker way: read about the basics of our faith, find answers to common questions and find a Quaker meeting near you.
Faithful Living in Today's World
Faithful Living in Today’s World: Practical Strategies for Friends of All Ages
Join us for an evening of nuts-and-bolts skill building, grounded in both faith and community, as we step up our faithful living to a more visible, vibrant level in these challenging times. We’ll work on
- Framing and claiming our role as Culture Changers reaching for the Beloved Community
- Regaining our calm and our center in the midst of tension
- Role playing actions for interrupting Islamaphobia and bigotry
- Identifying our limitations and hesitations that hold us back from more faithful living
We’ll gather for a simple supper of pizza, salad and desserts at 5:30pm. (Donations gratefully accepted.) We’ll have large group and small group work for Friends ages 7 and up and childcare for our youngest.
Please RSVP to Beth Collea by Wednesday, March 29th, so we have a rough head-count for dinner and childcare. Do include the number and ages of children for care and for programming.
Sponsored by a Boston Area Spiritual Nurture Group, Wellesley Meeting’s Ministry & Counsel and Peace Committees.
Queries to help us prepare:
- Are we finding words and ways to be present and visible as Friends in everyday life?
- Are we using all our Quaker tools of prayer and practice to help us live our faith each day?
- Are we finding ways to look and listen for common ground even in the midst of disagreement and discord?
- Are we asking for the encouragement and support we need from our Quaker meetings to live more faithfully?