Explore the Quaker way: read about the basics of our faith, find answers to common questions and find a Quaker meeting near you.
Vassalboro Quarterly Meeting Retreat
The Vassalboro Quarter Fall Gathering weekend at Friends Camp will be a wonderful opportunity to have time with Friends from around Maine to share our actions, what inspires us and where we are stuck!
There will be 60 minute gatherings Friday evening and Saturday morning, with more spontaneous sharing/break outs welcomed for Saturday morning and afternoon. If anyone would like to offer a 45-60 min workshop, they can contact the Fall Gathering committee below or sign up on Friday night. Here are a few samples:
- The Power of Enough: a continuation of discussion from Living Faith Spring retreat
- Poor People’s Campaign/white privilege discussion, (check out Rev. Dr. William J Barber’s Address to the 2018 Friends General Conference (FGC) Gathering)
- Citizens' Climate Lobby working with Congress on a national plan to reduce carbon emissions explained. And how to do an individual carbon calculator with your meeting and your home (as suggested by NEYM). Please bring a computer or tablet so you can do it now—also any energy, oil, gas bills for calculating.
- Universal Health Care and Active Hope
- Art as a form of spiritual expression (a 2-hour workshop)
- Faith and Practice: worship sharing
Walk-ins are always welcome! Register when you arrive or at the next meal. Come for one day or stay for the full weekend.
If you doesn’t have internet access to pre-register, or is having any problems with pre-registering, they can email the registrar, Stephen Assante, or call 207-649-0619 and leave a message.
Youth of all ages are welcome and there is no fee for children or for parents/guardians bringing children. The VQM subsidizes all children under 18 years.
Registration by August 31 is appreciated to allow for meal planning and any child programing that is needed.