Explore the Quaker way: read about the basics of our faith, find answers to common questions and find a Quaker meeting near you.
Yearly Meeting Consultation on Climate Change
We will come together to find hope and power of community. As our minute from this past summer states: “… the strength and love of our community life will make it possible for Friends to see to what they are called, and carry it out faithfully whatever the cost. We can engage with each other tenderly and hold each other lovingly accountable to move from fear into courage, in response to this crisis...”
- 9:00 gathering
- 9:30 open worship
- 10:45 Sharing using the “Mount Toby Method.” Individuals are invited to prepare a five-minute talk sharing about what you and your meeting are doing; actions, and topics of concern.
- Lunch: Brown bag (FMC will provide soup)
- 1:00 Open Space – small groups, topic centered
- 2:00 Open Space – small groups – dreams and directions for the Yearly Meeting
- 3:00 Reflections from Listening Friends
- Closing worship
Mary Gilbert is coordinating hospitality requests and requests for childcare. If you will be using childcare please let Mary know by April 10.
Transportation and parking: The meetinghouse is a five-minute walk from the Harvard Square T station. There will be limited on-street parking.
Because it is likely that this date will not work for all, Friends are also invited to share how they have engaged in this witness by sending a letter or report to [email protected] with “Climate” noted as the subject line. Please respond as monthly meetings, as engaged groups or as individuals.