- Online Registration
- Youth Programs
- YM News/Schedule
- PDF Forms
- NEYM Home Page
From Gretchen Baker-Smith, Juinor High Yearly Meeting Coordinator
Hello dear Friends, and welcome to JHYM! We have just finished a fabulous year in our retreat community, and I believe our time at Bryant will be covered in grace and Light. I am really looking forward to our week together — I hope you can join us.
Our theme will be Take Good Care, and our staff will include Anne Anderson, Dylan Anderson, Buddy Baker-Smith, Jim Campbell, Brian Colby, Emily Edwards, June Goodband, Adam Kohrman and Jennifer Staples.
During our time together we will worship, sing, meet in small groups, explore the theme, play games, be creative, laugh, listen, go to the beach, hang out, and in all ways nurture that of God in ourselves and in each other within our awesomely joyful, safe, and loving community.
Here are a few details of particular interest to parents and sponsors (but important for all JH’ers to be fully aware of as well):
- The JHYM Program runs from Saturday evening through Thursday morning. An optional afternoon program as well as an evening 'lounge' will be offered some days and times – details will be provided at the orientation meeting. (Keep reading!)
- There is a mandatory orientation meeting for all JH'ers and their parents or sponsors on Saturday afternoon at 3:45pm in our group space. This is an important opportunity for us to introduce ourselves and for parents, sponsors and young people to hear about the week's schedule and JHYM's expectations for building a safe, joyful and inclusive community. It is very important that you attend this meeting. Please come with your questions and enthusiasm!
- There will be a field trip to a nearby park for a day of swimming, short hikes, games and relaxing.
- The evening "lounge" is for JHYM use only and serves as a place where JH'ers may opt to 'hang out' in an informal but supervised setting after program hours. This is the only supervised location for JH'ers after program hours.
- Outside of program time, parents and sponsors are held fully responsible for the whereabouts and safety of their children. JHYM staff are responsible for children only within specific program times which will be stated in the JHYM program.
- Getting enough sleep is crucial to a successful week. We encourage parents and sponsors to enforce a 10:30pm curfew for their JHYM children. This has worked extremely well in years past, and staff have appreciated the efforts of parents and sponsors to see that our JH'ers are safe, healthy, and reasonably rested through the week.
If you have questions or concerns before NEYM, please be in touch with me. I hope you have wonderful summers until we see each other at Bryant. I am really looking forward to being with you.
With much love,
Gretchen Baker-Smith, JHYM Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org • home phone: 508-997-0940
Photo: Buddy Baker-Smith
Photos: Robin Churchill