- Online Registration
- Youth Programs
- YM News/Schedule
- PDF Forms
- NEYM Home Page
From Laurel Swan, email@example.com, NEYM Sessions Registrar
The 2011 New England Yearly Meeting (NEYM) Annual Sessions will be held Saturday, August 6 to Thursday, August 11, at Bryant University, located on Rhode Island Route 7, one mile north of exit 8B off of I-295 (1150 Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917). For more detailed directions to the University and complete Sessions information, follow the links on these pages or contact the Registrar. Please read the NEYM Sessions Policy on Addressing At-Risk or Disruptive Behavior and the NEYM Sessions Advance Documents, will be available for download on or before July 25, 2011 in Adobe Reader PDF format.
COMMUTERS: NEYM pays Bryant University daily facilities fees for each attender on campus during the day. Please Check-In to receive your name tag and so we have an accurate count of participants; thank you for your cooperation. Part-time commuters can buy meals at the dining hall.
- 8:00pm to 10:00pm Friday night, August 5th, Check-In for early arrivals at the Hall 16 lobby.
- Friends who would like to attend the Great Meetinghouse event, 1pm to 7:30pm, Friday August 5th, are welcome to arrive early at Bryant University that morning to car pool to the Meetinghouse in Newport, RI . Friends are also welcome to stay over at Bryant University on Friday night. Overnight, including Saturday breakfast and lunch at Bryant costs $60/adult and $40/child.
- 10:00am until 5:00pm Saturday, August 6th, regular Check-In. Look for signs directing you to the Hall 16 lobby (see campus map).
- Later Saturday arrivals may Check-In between 9:00 & 10:00pm.
- Sunday 8:00 to 9:00am, 1:00 to 2:00pm, and 7:00 to 9:00pm, Hall 16, room 308
- Monday through Wednesday 9:30 to 10:30am, 4:15 to 5:15pm, Hall 16, room 308.
- Food Allergies/Restrictions — Friends may discuss special needs with a Sodexho Food Service Representative 4:00pm Saturday at the Salmanson Dining Hall.
- If this is your first time at Sessions please come to the Orientation Saturday at 4:30pm in the Bello Center Plenary Hall or Sunday at 6:15pm in room 242 of the Unistructure building.
- All youth, including 2011 high school graduates, must participate in Sessions Youth Programs and must have a parent/guardian or another adult sponsor at Sessions at all times.
- Each Youth Program participant must submit a Health/Permission Form to complete registration. Youth Program Health/Permission Forms can be downloaded from this website, filled in, and sent via email using the latest version of Adobe Reader software
- Late Arrivals — Please plan ahead to make arrangements with the Sessions Registrar to get your room key as soon as possible! (Please take note of the hours the Registrar is available: After long days of work, it would be considerate of late arrivals to make alternate plans if you will be arriving after registration closes at 10pm.) After August 2nd, you may reach the NEYM Office staff at Bryant University, 401/319-8860.
- Walk-In Registrations — For people seeking to stay in dormitories, please, please give the Registrar at least 24-hours notice for last minute registrations. A late registration fee of $10 per individual up to a maximum of $20 per household will be charged for those who register after June 30 (does not apply to commuters).
- Change Fees — A fee of $10 per change per individual will be charged to persons wishing to make more than one change of accommodation or length of stay. First change is free.
- Unforeseen Circumstances — As far as possible please give the Registrar at least 24-hours notice for any unexpected changes (extra participants, especially youth!) and last minute registrations.
- Cancellations — Your minimum $100 fee is not refundable.
What to Bring:
- ALL YOUR OWN BEDDING & LINENS: sheets, blankets, pillows, pillow cases, towels and washcloths. All dormitories have extra long single beds, so either 76" long fitted sheet or two flat sheets per bed will fit best.
- Since most rooms are air conditioned (EXCEPT for the Young Friends Dorm) you may want to bring a second blanket. Non-air conditioned rooms are available upon request. You may also want to bring reading lamps, cups, cloth napkins, clocks, extra clothes, hangers, a mattress pad, and personal first aid supplies.
- Connection to the outside world: There are phones and ethernet ports (with direct connection to the Iternet) in all dorm rooms, and WiFi throught the campus.
NO PETS are allowed on campus.
QUESTIONS OR CHANGES: Before August 2nd , please email the Registrar, or FAX: 860/242-9985 the Registrar. After August 2nd, when the NEYM office is on the Bryant University campus, contact the NEYM Office at 401/319-8860 (voice) or 401/319-8862 (FAX).
I look forward to seeing you in August!
Laurel Swan, Registrar