- Online Registration
- General Info
- Theme & Program
- Jubilee Agenda
- Youth Programs
- PDF Forms
- NEYM Home Page
Online Registration is now open. Click the menu item above
From Laurel Swan, NEYM Sessions Registrar
The 2010 New England Yearly Meeting (NEYM) Annual Sessions will be held Saturday, August 7 to Thursday, August 12, at Bryant University, located on Rhode Island Route 7, one mile north of exit 8B off of I-295 (1150 Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917). For more detailed directions to the University and complete Sessions information, follow the links on these pages or contact the Registrar. Please read the NEYM Sessions Policy on Addressing At-Risk or Disruptive Behavior and the NEYM Sessions Advance Documents, now available for download in Adobe Reader PDF format.
COMMUTERS: NEYM pays Bryant University daily facilities fees for each attender on campus during the day. Please Check-In to receive your name tag and so we have an accurate count of participants; thank you for your cooperation. Part-time commuters can buy meals at the dining hall.
- 8:00pm to 10:00pm Friday night, August 6th, Check-In for early arrivals at the Hall 16 lobby.
- 10:00am until 5:00pm Saturday, August 7th, regular Check-In. Look for signs directing you to the Hall 16 lobby (see campus map).
- Later Saturday arrivals may Check-In between 9:00 & 10:00pm.
Sunday through Wednesday 8:00 to 9:00am, 4:15 to 5:15pm, and 7:00 to 9:00pm;
Check-In & early Check-Out is in Hall 16, room 308.
- Food Allergies/Restrictions — Friends may discuss special needs with a Sodexho Food Service Representative 4:00pm Saturday at the Salmanson Dining Hall.
- If this is your first time at Sessions please come to the Orientation Saturday at 4:30pm in the Bello Center Plenary Hall or Sunday at 6:15pm in room 242 of the Unistructure building.
- All youth, including 2009 high school seniors/graduates, must participate in Sessions Youth Programs and must have a parent/guardian or another adult sponsor at Sessions at all times.
- Each Youth Program participant must submit a Health/Permission Form to complete registration. Youth Program Health/Permission Forms can be downloaded from this website, filled in, and sent via email using the latest version of Adobe Reader software
- Late Arrivals — Please make arrangements with the Sessions Registrar to get your room key as soon as possible! (Please take note of the hours the Registrar is available: After long days of work, it would be considerate of late arrivals to make alternate plans if you will be arriving after registration closes at 10pm.) After August 3rd, you may reach the NEYM Office staff at Bryant University, 401/319-8860.
- Walk-In Registrations — For people seeking to stay in dormitories, please, please give the Registrar at least 24-hours notice for last minute registrations. A late registration fee of $10 per individual up to a maximum of $20 per household will be charged for those who register after June 30 (does not apply to commuters).
- Change Fees — A fee of $10 per change per individual will be charged to persons wishing to make more than one change of accommodation or length of stay.
- Unforeseen Circumstances — Please give the Registrar at least 24-hours notice for any unexpected changes (extra participants, especially youth!) and last minute registrations.
- Cancellations — Your minimum $100 fee is not refundable.
What to Bring:
- ALL YOUR OWN BEDDING & LINENS: sheets, blankets, pillows, pillow cases, towels and washcloths. All dormitories have extra long single beds, so either 76" long fitted sheet or two flat sheets per bed will fit best.
- Since most rooms are air conditioned (EXCEPT for the Young Friends Dorm) you may want to bring a second blanket. Non-air conditioned rooms are available upon request. You may also want to bring reading lamps, cups, cloth napkins, clocks, extra clothes, hangers, a mattress pad, and personal first aid supplies.
- Connection to the outside world: There are phones and ethernet ports (with direct connection to the Iternet) in all dorm rooms, and WiFi throught the campus.
NO PETS are allowed on campus.
QUESTIONS OR CHANGES: Before August 3rd , please email the Registrar, or FAX: 860/242-9985 the Registrar. After August 3rd, when the NEYM office is on the Bryant University campus, contact the NEYM Office at 401/319-8860 (voice) or 401/319-8862 (FAX).
Laurel Swan, Registrar
Photos: Skip Schiel