NEYM Sessions will again be held at Bryant
located on Rhode Island Route 7, one mile north of exit 8B off of I-295
(1150 Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917). For more detailed directions to
the University and complete Sessions information,
follow the links on these pages or contact the Registrar.
Please read the NEYM Sessions Policy on Addressing
At-Risk or Disruptive Behavior. Look for an electronic version of
the NEYM Sessions Advance Documents by July 25, 2008 or earlier.
COMMUTERS: NEYM pays
Bryant University daily facilities fees for each attender on campus during
the day. Please Check-In to receive your name tag and so we have an accurate
count of participants; thank you for your cooperation. Part-time commuters
can buy meals at the dining hall.
- 8:00pm to 10:00pm Friday night, August 1st, Check-In for early
arrivals at the Hall 16 lobby.
- 10:00am until 5:00pm Saturday, August 2nd, regular Check-In. Look
for signs directing you to the Hall 16 lobby (see campus
- Later Saturday arrivals may Check-In between 9:00 & 10:00pm.
- Sunday 8:00 to 9:00am, 1:00 to 5:00pm, and 7:00 to 9:00pm;
Monday through Wednesday, 9:30 to 11:00am, 1:00 to 2:30pm.
Check-In & early Check-Out is in Hall 16, room 308.
- Food Allergies/Restrictions —
Friends may discuss special needs with a Sodexho Food Service Representative
4:00pm Saturday at the Salmanson Dining Hall.
- If this is your first time at Sessions please
come to a "Clerks' Tea" Orientation Saturday at 4:30pm or
Sunday at 6:15pm in the Janikies Auditorium in the Unistructure.
- All youth, including 2008 high school seniors/graduates, must participate
in Sessions Youth Programs and must have a parent/guardian or another
adult sponsor at Sessions at all times.
- Each Youth Program participant, must submit a Health/Permission
Form to complete registration.
- Late Arrivals — Please make arrangements with the Sessions
Registrar to get your room key as soon as possible! (Please take note
of the hours the Registrar is available: After long days of work, it
would be considerate of late arrivals to make alternate plans if you
will be arriving after registration closes at 10pm.) After July 29th,
you may reach the NEYM Office staff at Bryant University, 401/719-8860.
- Walk-In Registrations — For people seeking to stay in dormitories,
please, please give the Registrar at least 24-hours notice for last
minute registrations. A late registration fee of $10 per individual
up to a maximum of $20 per household will be charged for those who
register after June 30 (does not apply to commuters).
- Change Fees — A fee of $10 per change per individual will be
charged to persons wishing to make more than one change of accommodation
or length of stay.
- Unforeseen Circumstances — Please give the Registrar at least
24-hours notice for any unexpected changes (extra participants, especially
youth!) and last minute registrations.
- Cancellations — Your minimum $100 fee is not refundable.
What to Bring:
- ALL YOUR OWN BEDDING & LINENS: sheets, blankets, pillows, pillow
cases, towels and washcloths. All dormitories have extra long single
beds, so either 76" long fitted sheet or two flat sheets per bed
will fit best.
- Since most rooms are air conditioned (EXCEPT for the Young Friends
Dorm) you may want to bring a second blanket. Non-air conditioned rooms
are available upon request. You may also want to bring reading lamps,
cups, cloth napkins, clocks, extra clothes, hangers, a mattress pad,
and personal first aid supplies.
- Connection to the outside world: There are phones and ethernet ports
(with direct connection to the Internet) in all dorm rooms, and WiFi
throught the campus.
NO PETS are allowed on campus.
QUESTIONS OR CHANGES: Before July
29th, please email, email@example.com,
or FAX: 860/242-9985 the Registrar.
After 7/29/08, when the NEYM office is on the Bryant University campus,
contact the NEYM Office at 401/719-8860 (voice) or 401/719-8862 (FAX).
Laurel Swan, Registrar